2019 ETHICS General Assembly: Agenda and Presentations
Below are the agenda and presentations from the ETHICS 2019 General Assembly held on Nov 20-21 2019 at the Clifford Chance offices in Paris.
Wednesday 20 November 2019
Introduction by Roeland van Aelst, ETHICS President
- Annual financial review from Thomas K. Hauser, ETHICS Treasurer Treasurer’s Update
- Annual review and formal resolutions from Arthur Muratyan, ETHICS General Secretary General Assembly Resolutions
- Strategic Vision for ETHICS, led by Stephen Nguyen-Duc
- Educational Programs led by Dominique Laymand, ETHICS Honorary President Educational Programs Update
- Communications led by John McLoughlin, Editor of ETHICS IN ACTION
Lunch, followed by the official opening of the public part of the 2019 General Assembly. For the first time this year, ETHICS opens a major part of its General Assembly to non-members.
- Welcome address by Roeland Van Aelst, ETHICS President
- Introduction by Anne-Sophie Bricca, ETHICS Co-Chair of Strategic Committee
Expert Panel discussions
ETHICS FIRST: ELEVATING COMPANY CULTURE (Focus on the Fresenius Case) moderated by Piergiorgio Pepe
- Introduction of the Fresenius case: Piergiorgio Pepe, Quantum Ethics
- Guiding cultural change in Compliance & Ethics: Beatrice Bauer, Associate Professor of Practice of Leadership, Organization & Human Resources, SDA Bocconi School of Management
- Culture & alternative training models: Nadège Rochel, Global Compliance Manager, Hollister (this is a pdf version, the full PPT support with active videos is available upon request)
- Open Q&A session
ETHICS FIRST: ELEVATING OUR IMPACT AS ETHICS & COMPLIANCE OFFICERS (ECOs) moderated by Roxana Family, Director of the Master programme in Law & Business Ethics, University of Cergy-Pontoise
- Accountability for ECOs: A comparative review of laws: Charles-Henri Boeringer, Clifford Chance & Alice Dunoyer de Segonzac, Clifford Chance
- Code of Conduct for Compliance Officers: Stephen Nguyen, ETHICS Co-Chair of Strategic Committee & Piergiorgio Pepe, Quantum Ethics
- Practical workshop session and open Q&A session
Anne-Sophie Bricca, ETHICS Co-Chair of Strategic Committee gave a short closing speech. We ended our first day with cocktails and a networking dinner buffet in the Clifford Chance offices.
Thursday 21 November 2019
The second day of the GA was also open to non-members upon registration.
- Welcome message by Dominique Laymand, ETHICS Honorary President
ETHICS FIRST: ELEVATING COMPANY CULTURE (continuation of day 1) Bad culture, a breeding ground for corrupt schemes, Presentation by Guido Palazzo, Professor of Business Ethics, Lausanne University
ETHICS FIRST: HOW DOES ETHICS FITS IN THE NEW BUSINESS MODELS?
Debate 1: Value-based proposition: Open debate between market access leaders, moderated by Diva Duong, Head of Safety, Regulatory, Quality & Compliance Solutions, IQVIA
Presentations by Claude Le Pen, Healthcare Economist, University of Paris-Dauphine
Panel discussion with:
- Anthony McQuillan, VP Legal & Compliance EMEA, Medtronic
- Claudia Vaz, Global Value Based HealthCare Consultant at Roche
Debate 2: Digital health: The new face of our healthcare system, moderated by Anne-Sophie Bricca, ETHICS Co-Chair of Strategic Committee
- eHealth in Europe: Ceri Thompson, Deputy head of DG CNECT’s eHealth, Wellbeing and Ageing unit, European Commission
- Artificial Intelligence: who are the players and what are the risks? Iordanis Kerenidis, Research Director of Quantum Computing & Algorithms, CNRS
- SIENNA project: Anaïs Rességuier, Research Analyst at Trilateral Research
We hope that all our members and guests enjoyed the content and the networking opportunities at our 2019 General Assembly. We look forward to seeing you again at future events. If you have any feedback on the 2019 General Assembly, please write to: email@example.com
The ETHICS Board